2013 FBA TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
In order to submit a player for consideration in the 2013 FBA Draft Pool, you must first agree to the following Terms of Service (TOS). The following terms will be used to describe the different parties involved in this agreement.
✦ Creator: The person completing this form and creating the character designed in it.
✦ Character: The furry being submitted for consideration in the 2013 FBA Draft Pool.
✦ FBA Draft Pool: The list of characters from which the teams will be able to select their new players during the 2013 FBA Draft.
✦ Player: A character accepted into the FBA that currently is placed on an FBA team roster.
✦ Commissioner: The top manager of the FBA, currently Buck Hopper. ( email@example.com )
✦ FBA Universe: The roleplaying world in which the FBA is a part.
Furry Basketball Association Terms of Service (Updated March 31, 2013 - SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
▶ Submitting a player for consideration in the 2013 FBA Draft Pool does not guarantee acceptance into the FBA. Submitted characters may be rejected for any reason at the Commissioner's discretion, and will be accepted only if they fall within the listed guidelines:
‣ Your character must fit within the bounds of the FBA Universe. The FBA Universe is based on contemporary North America with a modern social ethic and a current level of technology. The globe in the FBA Universe is based on the current real world, with furries living alongside or separate of human endeavors. Submitted furry characters are expected to come from real world places (Chicago, New York, Montana, Canada, Europe, Asia, etc.) and can either be fully separated from humans in furry enclaves or associate regularly with them, to the creator's discretion.
‣ Your character must be an accomplished athlete. The FBA is a professional sports league attracting the very best furry athletes in the world. Characters, therefore, should be highly accomplished at their sport, having trained for years, and be exceptionally talented at playing basketball. A general rule of thumb is to say that your character is the very best basketball player that anyone in his or her neighborhood has ever known. Characters that have only just picked up the sport in the last couple of years, that have significant physical limitations, or have a history demonstrating a lack of intense focus to their game will not be accepted, just as they would not be considered in a real world professional level sports league.
‣ Your character must be 100% original. Characters based on commercial media (Pokémon, My Little Pony, etc.) will not be accepted. Characters based on other media within the furry community (chakats, silkies, characters from published stories, etc.) will not be accepted. Characters with previously established backgrounds before submission to the FBA Draft Pool will only be accepted if they have been altered to the point the Commissioner deems they will not interfere with the accepted history of the FBA Universe. It is highly recommended that you design a completely original character from the ground up.
‣ Your character must not have any unusual physical features that would significantly alter the sport of basketball. The basketball played in the FBA is based on real world NBA basketball with a 10-foot hoop, a 23' 9" three point line, and four 12 minute quarters. While the FBA Universe has furries of many shapes and sizes, the FBA does limit the kind of player that can compete in the league in order to keep the sport competitive. Here are the current limitations:
● Characters cannot be taller than 7' 6".
● Characters cannot be shorter than 5' 0".
● Characters cannot have more than two hands.
● Characters cannot have more than one tail.
● Characters cannot stand on more than two feet. (No taurs, no non-anthros.)
● Characters cannot be heavier than 350 pounds.
● All species are allowed including non-commercial fantasy species (dragons, unicorns, gryphons, etc.), but cannot use any abilities not entirely physical. (No magic, no telekenisis, etc.)
Questions regarding character physical limitations can be sent to the commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
▶ Characters accepted into the FBA Draft are not allowed to determine the team they will play for. The FBA Draft will be set up like the NBA Draft with a posted order in which the teams will select their players. This order is determined by the league standings at the end of the 2012-2013 season, a draft lottery, and through trades made by the teams. A "Top 24" list will be generated by the Commissioner, with these players receiving boosted stats to reflect their position as the best of the 2013 FBA Draft Pool.
‣ The Top 24 are selected solely at the Commissioner's discretion. The Top 24 are based on character design and quality as a believable professional basketball athlete, but also on variety of species and story ideas. No creator will be allowed to have more than one character in the Top 24, and no one is allowed any influence in either presence or position in the Top 24.
‣ Draft picks are selected by the general managers of the teams. General managers will be assigned before the draft, and these selected individuals will have sole authority to choose players for their assigned teams.
‣ Character creators may not influence the general managers' decision. No character will be assured placement in any particular team. Contributing a character means allowing that character to be selected by any team in the FBA.
‣ Accepted characters are not guaranteed placement in the FBA. More characters will be approved into the pool than will be selected during the draft. This means that a number of players will not get into the FBA at all.
▶ Characters submitted to the FBA become the property of the FBA. If your character is accepted into the 2013 FBA Draft Pool, he or she immediately becomes the property of the FBA. While this does mean that the FBA Commissioner has final decision over the development and progress of your character, this does not mean you will lose all control of the character.
‣ Creators are encouraged to remain engaged with their characters. The FBA is based on strong characters with good stories, and to foster that, creators are expected to continue to develop their characters as they progress through the league. This might include writing stories about the character, drawing or commissioning artwork of the character, starting a Twitter account for the character or any other way the creator wants to build up the character.
‣ Creators must agree to accept all results produced by the FBA. While creators are free to ask the FBA Commissioner ahead of time about player ratings and particular results for certain games, all creators are expected to accept the published results given every game night and the results of any trade made between teams.
‣ Creators are expected to use their accepted characters solely for the FBA and will not use them in any other facility outside of the FBA without express permission from the FBA Commissioner.
‣ If a character is not accepted into the 2013 FBA Draft Pool, ownership of that character is fully, 100% returned to his or her creator. The character is not eligible to be a part of the FBA Universe unless an arrangement is made with the FBA Commissioner.
▶ All questions regarding these Terms of Service may be sent to the FBA Commissioner at email@example.com